Tuesday 19 October 2010

A whole night's sleep

Saturday night my gorgeous sister and her man looked after the boy while Baldy and I checked into MalMaison, I have been SO excited about this that I've been counting down the non-sleeps until our whole night's sleep!!  Within seconds of entering our hotel room the vino was opened and I had managed to de-stress.  In anticipation of what my Mother in Law called our "orgy" (!!!!) I had bought a new frock, had my nails done and was waxed to within an inch of my life! 

After inhaling my first glass of vino the Baldy does his job, tops up my glass and I decide it is time for me to ready myself for scoffing.  It felt like a date night so thought I'd do a woman of mystery transformation in the bathroom and toddled off to attempt gorgeousness.  Allow me to give you a top dressing tip, when attempting to put on Gok's infamous magic knickers it is best to avoid practically downing 2 LARGE glasses of vino - particularly if your alcohol tolerance isn't what it used to be!!  Despite my self inflicted handicaps I managed to dress and apply make-up without looking too much like someone who has been let out for the day!  Obviously I chose this night to wear my super mega high heels, possibly not the best decision with my light-weight status in mind!!!! 

We make it to the restaurant and have the MOST amazing meal, super yummy scrum!!!  I can highly recommend the Malmasion food - it's delicious!  The wine list is the size of a Booker Prize winning novel so we just ordered the cheapest bottle in there - we're no connoisseurs!  There was only one slight hiccup when I toddled off to the ladies knocking the condiments off a neighbouring table; no, not with my handbag but with the hugeness that is my backside!!!!  Classy!  Not embarrassing at all! 

Having consumed the best part of 2 bottles of wine and with the prospect of a night without responsibilities the Baldy was the recipient of various promises, suggestions and innuendos.  We got back to the room and things started to heat up when the vino, food and sleep deprivation kicked in....resulting in us both snoring soundly in our respective bed halves within moments of our heads hitting the pillow!!!!  So much for a night of passion!  Far more important to get a night of sleep and boy did we sleep.  Ten whole hours of blissful snoozing!!!!  PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment